Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Luther Vandross-Dance With My Father

Luther Vandross-Dance With My Father

Back when I was a child, before life removed all the innocence
My father would lift me high and dance with my mother and me and then
Spin me around while I fell asleep
Then up the stairs he would carry me
And I knew for sure I was loved
If I could get another chance, another walk, another dance with him
I'll play a song that would never, ever end
How I love, love, love
To dance with my father again

When I and my mother would disagree
To get my way, I would run from her to him
He make me laugh just to comfort me
Then finally make me do just what my mama said
Later that night when I was asleep
He left a dollar under my sheet
Never dreamed that he would be gone from me
If I could steal one final glance, one final step, one final dance with him
I'll play a song that would never, ever end
'cause I'll love, love, love
To dance with my father again
Sometimes I'll listen outside her door
And I'll hear how my mother cried for him
I pray for her even more than me
I pray for her even more than me

I know I'll praying for much too much
But could you send back the only man she loved
I know you don't do it usually
But dear Lord she's dying
To dance with my father again
Every night I fall asleep and this is all I ever dream

最近听了一首很好听,不过很伤感的歌。这首歌描述到一个孩子对已离开了的爸爸那种很渴望再见到他的思念。作者回忆起童年时被爸爸捧在手心的感觉,心里很想很想再有一次的机会与父亲共舞。他对父亲的思念,那种真情流露,让我感动不已。虽然自己没有这般经历,却可以深刻体会,父爱之伟大绝对不亚于母爱。

我和我的父亲很少对话,因为他大多数白天都不在家,进了大学沟通就更少了。可是,他很慈祥,很开通。很多事都让我有机会尝试,他希望我学会自己独立去闯,就算失败也当作吸取人生经验。他从来没有要求我要做到什么,只是默默鼓励。他受的教育不高,却老爱开玩笑说,失败是成功的妈妈。很多个夜晚,我都看到房门的身影,疲倦的身躯,悄悄的开门,只为了看看熟睡中的我。也许是习惯吧!爸爸总在临睡前看看我们睡了吗。

记得有一天他自己拨电给我,很老套却熟悉地问了一句,最近好吗?晚餐吃了吗?要不要我煮给你吃?虽然是玩笑话,还是一样感动。

每次难过和疲倦,都希望父母可以致电安慰,即使我没有告诉他们,只要听到他们关心的语气,我就可以在马上有活力和冲劲去面对生活。好想跟他们说,我很爱你们,不过话到嘴边,却又往肚子里吞。也许我不是这么感性的男生吧!希望他们可以一切安康。

如果你有这个机会,又有感动得话,记得给他们一个拥抱,谢谢他们所做的,并说一句我爱你们吧!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree with you.. there are many things we always thought other people would know.. they would understand and we no need to express our feeling..just like our parents.. but it would be very sweet and warm if we just give them a hug when we leave home.. say i miss you to them when we call them.. say thank you when we really mean it..

Anonymous said...

haha... It's really difficult for me to hug them. my dad is very big size and when i about to enter the boarding room, my mum about to cry ady, if i hug her, airport must be ditenggelami oleh banjir

U are -->